Wednesday 25 February 2015

Task 3 - Double page spread (i can cook)








For my double-page spread i decided to use the 'Rockpooling pies' Recipe from the i can cook recipes range on the bbc food website. 

I decided to produce an information/reference spread as the target audience are at school age and are coming across info books regularly. I used photoshop to produce the final piece, using free clip art imagery and other photographs found on the cbbc website. I wanted to keep a balance between both text and imagery in order to keep the child engaged. 

I took inspiration from the name 'rockpooling' into considering the design layout, colour scheme and imagery. This is shown from the beach themes colours, and beach hut slat design towards the top half of the page. The various clip art and photographed images have been used in tandem as seen in my research section. I feel this brings both the child's imagination together with the reality of the real world. I thought the addition of the cartoon crabs create a familiar character with the children which they are used to seeing in other books and on tv. With the use of the speech bubble it allows the child to have an interaction with the character whilst learning a fun fact. 

For the typography on the page i decided to use a type called kg primary penmanship, which i feel relates to the children well as it is easy to read and is playful as it has the lines used when learning to write. 

The design definitely flows between the two pages, as the same visual language has been put into place. The background provides a consistency. Perhaps to enhance the flow even more I could have placed an image spreading across both pages.

I think next time I may consider using a different font for the main body of text instead, as the font i used is san-serif. I think I would use a serif font next time as we learnt that this is appealing to children in last weeks session. 

I am pleased with my overall design . 

No comments:

Post a Comment